Recognising and Responding to Elder Abuse in Residential Care Settings
The purpose of the Recognising and Responding to Elder Abuse in Residential Care Settings training course is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to identify abuse, mistreatment and neglect. This includes covert or hidden abuse or abuse in its early stages
The Objectives of this course are: To increase participants knowledge and understanding of what elder abuse is and to outline the different ways in which to identify it. Show participants how to understand the actions you need to take if you discover or suspect that abuse is taking place.
- Module 1: What is Elder Abuse?
- Module 2: Types of Abuse
- Module 3: Physical Abuse
- Module 4: Psychological Abuse
- Module 5: Financial Abuse
- Module 6: Sexual Abuse
- Module 7: Abuse by Neglect and Acts of Omission
- Module 8: Abuse by Discrimination
- Module 9: Institutional Abuse
- Module 10: Managing Disclosure Summary
Participants who successfully complete this course of instruction will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance. This Certificate is valid for 2 years
Learn more about our other training courses here.