Infection Prevention and Control
This 4 hour in depth Infection Prevention and Control training course is in line with the Health Management Institutes – Standard Precautions in a Irish Healthcare Setting and is perfect for anyone working in or looking to work in industries such as Nursing, Healthcare, Childcare, Medical and Dentistry.
With the spread of infection being one of the major issues in a multitude of sectors, the objectives of this training course is to provide candidates with information regarding the spread of infection and outline using both theoretical and practical material how they can help prevent or control the spread of infection.
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Hand Hygiene – Will outline why hand hygiene is essential, How to wash hands correctly and Outline their responsibility in maintaining good hand hygiene
- Waste Management and Decontamination Issues – Will outline the different types of Healthcare Waste, The Different types of Waste Packaging and Disposal and their responsibility in waste management and cleaning
- Personal Protection – What is and how to use Personal Protective Equipment
- Summary of course review – DVD